How to Maintain Your Swimming Pool
August 18, 2019
A swimming pool is a great addition to any home. A person can cool down and relax whenever they feel like it. A swimming pool can be a lot of work. It will need to be cleaned often. These are some tips on how to maintain your swimming pool.
Learn the pH Levels
To keep the pool safe it is important that the pH levels are where they should be. This will tell the total alkalinity of the water. The ideal pH level for the pool should be around 7 which means that it is neutral. To get to this level some chemicals may need to be added.
It is important to make sure the pool has the proper amount of chlorine. This will help keep the pool clean. If there is not enough chlorine in the pool the water can get dirty quickly. If it is too much it will be harsh on the skin when swimming. There is a chlorine float where tablets can be put into the pool and dissolve over time.
Shock the Pool
The shock will help keep the water clean and will help kill bacteria. It will also remove residue from suntan lotion. The shock can be put into the pool to help buildup. A person may need to wait a little while after shocking the water before they can swim in it.
This will help keep algae from growing in the water and turning it green. The filter can become clogged if there are algae in the pool as well. This chemical will help kill the algae. A person will need to follow the direction exactly to make sure they are using it properly
Skim the Pool Often
A person should make sure they are cleaning their pool every day, or have an experienced pool cleaning company come out for weekly or monthly maintenance. The skimmer will help them remove leaves and other debris that has gotten into the pool. The pool filter should also be run to remove dirt, leaves, and other items that have settled on the bottom of the pool. At times the filter may need to be back-washed to remove anything that has settled in it.
Check the Filters
Some filters will need to be cleaned out from time to time. If they get dirty they will not work as effectively. A person will need to make sure they are clean.
Keep the Water Level High
The water levels should be a third to half way up the opening of the pool skimmer. This will allow it to remove debris without a problem and will help prevent damage. If the water level is too high the device will work slowly and dirt may build up. If the water level is too low the device can break and burn up the pump’s motor.
These are some tips on how a person should maintain their pool. While having a pool in the yard can be a lot of fun a person needs to make sure they are taking care of it so they can enjoy the pool for years to come.
TIPS TO KEEP YOUR FAMILY COOL DURING SUMMER
August 20, 2019
Back in the days when the climate was pleasant and cool, we did not have to use the air conditioning that much. However, thanks to global warming, this scorching heat has made it a necessity. Besides, there are plenty of other ways to keep cool during the summer without hitting up your electricity bill.
· Keep Your Curtains Shut: When you close your blinds, it blocks 30% of unwanted heat received from the windows. In other words, closing blinds will prevent your room from turning into becoming the inside of an oven, especially for the windows that are south facing and west facing, as during the late afternoons the suns heat is at its peak. To completely block sunlight, you can use blackout curtains. These help in insulating the room naturally.
· Hack Your Fan: During the summer months, you can adjust your fan to move in a counter-clockwise direction and set it at high speed. The airflow will make a cool windy, kind of breezy effect; this will make the heat tolerable as well as keep the room cool for a longer time. Another thing that you can try is that you can fill a bowl with ice or ice packs and place it in front of a table fan in such a position that it gives out a cool breeze.
· Change to CFLs & Led Lights: Do you know incandescent light bulbs roust about 90% of their energy in the heat they give out. So, removing them would make a difference, even if it is small. It will also lower your electricity bill as well.
· Lower the Temperature of Your Body: Our grandparents and great grandparents lived in an era where there was no air conditioning and they still survived. How did they do it? They kept themselves cool, they kept their body temperature low. It’s ok to have a couple of glasses of ice tea or lemonade on a hot and humid day. Moreover, if you apply a cold cloth to your neck and wrists, you will be cooling yourself from inside out. On the other hand, wearing cotton clothes also helps to stay cool, as it is a breathable fabric and it stays cooler than any other fabric.
· Dehumidify your Room: In the midst of summer high humidity makes us feel hot and sultry than the temperature actually is. Correspondingly, low humidity makes us feel cooler than the actual temperature because the dry air evaporates sweat easily and quickly than moist air. Therefore, lowering the humidity of the room will make it almost as cool as a room with air conditioning. However, air conditioners are the best option in this case.
· Make A Few Long-Term Changes: If you are committed to the no air conditioning thing then you can try using insulating films for windows, they are like blackout blinds and they work the same too. Among other things, planting trees and vines near windows that are in the path of the light will help shield your house from the unwanted rays of the sun, absorbing them, in turn decreasing the heat in the room.
Thus to conclude we can say that while air conditioning saves us from the scorching heat, it also cranks up the electricity bill. These tips should help you beat the summer months without wasting too much money on your electricity bill. Remember it's always better the be proactive then reactive, so you may need to get an AC company out before the summer months to make sure everything is working.
Fire and Safety Protection
October 12th, 2019
Every business needs to protect itself from loss or damage due to fire. The best way to protect your restaurant or any other business is to obtain a thorough understanding in regards to fire and safety. One of the most important factors in regards to protecting your business is to ensure that all of your fire extinguishers are properly filled and ready for use in case of an emergency. There are also other products available to safeguard your business from a devastating fire such as a hood suppression system, however, it is wise to find a qualified company to assist you with installation to ensure that the system will function properly.
When you search for a company to help you choose the proper fire extinguishers or a hood suppression system, make sure you opt for a company that works hard to ensure the job is done right. It is best to further protect your restaurant with sprinkler systems as well as the proper fire extinguishers and hood suppression systems, however, sprinkler systems are not mandated by law unless you have a larger venue. When it comes to fire prevention and safety awareness, it is a great business decision to seek the advice and assistance of a company that is prepared to be there for you at all times.
Remember to follow all codes and safety guidelines such as not exceeding the maximum capacity of your business to better protect your business from fire. It is also beneficial to ensure that your hood is always clean so you do not chance a terrible grease fire while in the kitchen. If this is not a service you are familiar with, then it is wise to contract the work out to an experienced team. Make sure you have proper lighting for your exit and emergency doors as well as any first aid supplies that are necessary in case of an accident or injury sustained during a fire. To ensure all of your equipment is up to date and ready for use in case of an emergency it is necessary to have your equipment properly inspected and maintained by a qualified fire protection service team.
When you stay vigilant in regards to protecting your restaurant in regards to fire safety and proper equipment you are greatly reducing your chances of suffering from a devastating loss from a fire. Make sure your employees are educated in regards to what steps to take in case of a fire, the proper fire extinguisher to use, and how to use it effectively. Not only will this help protect your business, but it will help ensure that every staff member and customer is protected from being caught in the middle of a fire. You must remember it is up to you to protect any person that walks through the doors of your establishment, and the only way to ensure you have taken the proper steps is to work with a company that can help you with your needs in regards to necessary supplies and education on how to use them properly.